Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Ready or Not

I'm not sure I'm ready for tonight's Royals game.  If you've been living under a rock (or have lots of normal people in your house instead of baseball-obsessed boys), the evil Giants--and crazy eyed Hunter Pence--are up 3-2, so the Royals have to win tonight.

Without meaning to, I've become emotionally involved; and somewhere along the way, I must've drunk the Kool-Aid. Tonight I dressed Norman up as my son's favorite player Eric Hosmer.


I'll be honest, I'm not sure if I'm invested so much in the Royals actually winning the World Series . . . or living in fear of the aftermath here if the Royals don't win. My boys will be crushed, and my husband will be somewhere beyond that.

It's stressful, man.

So, Royals, can you please pull out a decisive, non-nail-biting win tonight? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely yours,
Norman and Me


No comments:

Post a Comment