Tuesday, November 4, 2014

A Trible-esque Warning

So I hate spiders. Like really hate spiders.


My workshop is in our finished basement, which is also the place where the most spiders congregate and hang out. I regularly douse my area, including all the surfaces and objects, with some super spider boundary/killer spray. But I still experience fear every time I turn the corner of the tool cabinet and hop quickly into my chair, lifting my feet off the ground.

So I've decided to add another facet to my spider protection.  There's a couple of dead ones (one in the sliding door jamb and one over by the utility closet door) that I'm strategically leaving in place. My theory goes like this: Other spiders will come upon their fallen brethren and see the horror that has befallen them. They will, therefore, run far, far away, spreading the fearsome warning throughout the evil spider kingdom. And no spiders will invade my space again. I figure it's like tribes who kill their enemies and display their heads on spikes as a warning . . . just like that.

Also, I'm too scared to pick up the dead spiders.

Because they could be faking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment